Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How to get an Adobe trusted function javascript to save a pdf form even if fields are empty?

Level 1

I have a form I have created in Livecycle designer which I want to save to a specific location using a combination of specific fields in the form. I have been able to do this by writing a trusted function and putting it in the adobe javascript file and then putting some code on a save button in the form. However, it may be that some of the fields (vfirstname and vsecondname) may be blank and i still want the form to save. Ideally i want to write an if statement to substitute those fields for other fields if they are blank but cant get the code to  work.

Working code in trusted function file

// SaveAs Function1

var mySaveDoc = app.trustedFunction(function(doc) {

app.beginPriv();

var vDate1 = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.leftsideofform.Timeanddate.Dateofcall").rawValue.toString();

var vfirstname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode(" form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.ClientFirstname").rawValue.toString();

var vsecondname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.Clientsurname").rawValue.toString();

var myPath = "/MGLCC01-SV/MGPdata/Mihomecare/testce/" + vDate1 +"_" + vfirstname + "-" + vsecondname + ".pdf";

// saveAs is the only privileged code that needs to be enclosed

doc.saveAs({cPath: myPath, bCopy: true, bPromptToOverwrite: true});

app.endPriv();

});

Working code on save button in form

form1.#pageSet[0].Newenquirymasterpage.Button1::mouseUp - (JavaScript, client)

var txt = form1.execValidate(); //This script will validate all required fields

event.target.mySaveDoc(event.target)

xfa.host.messageBox("Document has been saved to shared drive", "File Saved", 3, 1);

IF code for trusted function file that I cant get to work

// SaveAs Function1

var mySaveDoc = app.trustedFunction(function(doc) {

app.beginPriv();

var vDate1 = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.leftsideofform.Timeanddate.Dateofcall").rawValue.toString();

if (event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.ClientFirstname").rawValue == " ")

{

var vfirstname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Enquirer.EnquFirstname").rawValue.toString();

}

else

{

var vfirstname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.ClientFirstname").rawValue.toString();

}

if (event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.Clientsurname").rawValue == " ")

{

var vsecondname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Enquirer.Enqsurname").rawValue.toString();

}

else

{

var vsecondname = event.target.xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.Row1.rightsideofform.Prospectiveclient.Clientsurname").rawValue.toString();

}

var myPath = "/MGLCC01-SV/MGPdata/Mihomecare/testce/" + vDate1 +"_" + vfirstname + "-" + vsecondname + ".pdf";

// saveAs is the only privileged code that needs to be enclosed

doc.saveAs({cPath: myPath, bCopy: true, bPromptToOverwrite: true});

app.endPriv();

});

Can anyone suggest why the If code above doesn't work? or how i could get the form to submit even if the fields are blank?

0 Replies