Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to generate barcode (number).

Level 1

Hey all,

I've seen some place using a barcode on their product, envelope

, biz card or other things. I'm wondering can i use some simple barcode

to classify my CD collections, cause I have a huge collections, and I want  to divide them according to their time. E.g. 1 refers to R&B, 2 refers to Blue...

Could someone please help me?

7 Replies

Level 1

Very good idea! I've also gotta a lot of books to categorize. Looking forward someone could share your experience.

Level 1

you may need a barcode scanner with barcode reading program to do this.

Level 1

First, choose the .NET or Java generator according to your program. Then choose the proper type of barcode to encode the data you need. For example Code 39, EAN 128, QR Code etc.

Level 1

I've used barcode generating software to make barcodes. But if you used in development environments, I think a .net or java barcode generating dll is suitable.

Level 1

hi.....

I would like to know about the EAN13 barcode symbology usage in industry sector for its essentail to have incorporation of SDK liabray alongside will it be compatible for 3D scanner. please do let me know regarding this matter as i have beeb searchingbut unable to get an expressive views.

Level 1

Nowadays it is easy to create barcode. First you need to decide which platform would you like to create barcode in. For example, if you want to create barcode in Java Servlet, you can find such a barcode generator and install it in your program. Just follow the rules provided. It's easy.

Level 1

Hi, huiikk.

I think most of the Adobe plugins could meet your needs easily.

The guys here have offered so many nice sharings for you.

If you just want to to generate barcode in order to classify your CD collections, you can google some free tools online to help you.

May be the function of the free ones can´t match with the professional paid ones.

It can help us solve some siple problems.

The key point is that it is totally free. BTW, the free trials of some professional paid ones is also a good choice if you are not a regular user.

Best Regards,

Arron