Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to extract a specific group of data for printing

Level 1

New to the forums here, I am using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, and am trying to find out how I would have data entered into my form extracted to be printed separately.  In more detail, I have a form that users would fill out then submit to a help desk.  The form would contain hardware specific info which would need to be printed out in such a manner as a ticket.  How would I go about making this happen?

Thanks for your help!

Vincent

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure that I follow ......the user will fill out a form and submit the data to the help desk. Do they need to combine this data on

to a different form that looks like a ticket then print it?

Paul

Level 1

The form is a change request for physical hardware.  After the user fills out the form and submits it to the help desk, the form is then given a ticket number.  Before the help desk submits the form to the next party involved, they need to print a "ticket" which includes information specific to an item on the form.  So if the form covers up to four items, each item's info would then need to be printed separately, but not the entire form.  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Vincent

Former Community Member

Hi vincent,

You can make the presence of all fields which you don't want them to be printed as Visible (Screen Only) , and the other fields presence as Visible.

This will let only the needed fields to be printed.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Mohammed