Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to disable the Save button For a pdf?

Level 2

Hi,

I have a requirement that when you open the livecycle developed pdf, the Save option available in the toolbar (Save As icon) and File menu of the Reader should be disabled. A button will be provided in the form separately to provide the Save functionality. Can anybody help me reg. this? Is there any setting available for this in Adobe Pro or any other tool?

Regards,

Maria

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you can hide the save menu item using the hideMenuItem method.

But, this requires to install a folder level script on the clients pc first and it won't disable the opportunity to save the form via ctrl + s.

Former Community Member

Hi radzmar,

Where can I find the "a folder level script" as you mentioned?

Level 10

A folder level script is a js-file that you have to create yourself.

Here's a tutorial about.

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/2006/folder_level_scripts

Level 1

It's not really difficult to disable the save button. But it depends on the context from where you want to delete it. even if you disable the save button the user has the option to print screen and create a fresh pdf. So your question has some philosophical aspects to deal with. Please mail me at viplov.rana87@gmail.com incase of further quries. I've understood your problem and have got a solution but it's not somewhat legitimate to do. I can share it with you through email.