Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to change toolTip with reference to text field?

Level 7

>

I am re-posting this because my previous post is confusing.

The following is a funtion on the click event of a button:

function clickIncrement(oButton) {
var capTxt = "";
var txtIndex = 0;
var ttTxt = "";
if (oButton.caption.value.text.value < lossPayees.value) {
capTxt = String(1 + parseInt(oButton.caption.value.text.value));
oButton.caption.value.text = capTxt;
txtIndex = parseInt(capTxt) - 1;
ttTxt = resolveNode("SubformLP.TableLP.TableSectionLP[txtIndex]").Row1.TxtLP.rawValue;
oButton.assist.toolTip.value = ttTxt; }

else {
oButton.caption.value.text = "0";
oButton.assist.toolTip.value = "None" }

}

The red part is not doing anything--everything else works fine. Never any error messages.

I have tried so many different strategies and angles to fix this. Bottom line I can change the tooTip with a string (just like this script does in the "else"), but not with a reference syntax. What is the problem?

Stephen

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Does

ttTxt = resolveNode("SubformLP.TableLP.TableSectionLP[txtIndex]").Row1.TxtLP.rawValue;

resolve correctly?

Level 7

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your interest.

If, I put the following on the "calculate" event of a random text field elsewhere on the form, it resolves and mirrors the contents of the referenced text field:

this.rawValue = resolveNode("SubformLossPayees.TableLossPayees.TableSectionLossPayeess[1]").Row1.TxtLossPayee.rawValue;

Works perfectly!

However, if I put the following on "calculate" event:

var LP = 1;    //or = "1" ;
this.rawValue = resolveNode("SubformLossPayees.TableLossPayees.TableSectionLossPayeess[LP]").Row1.TxtLossPayee.rawValue;

Zip, Zero, Nada. Forget about it.

And, if I put an integer (instead of the variable), in the original function, as in:

ttTxt = resolveNode("SubformLossPayees.TableLossPayees.TableSectionLossPayeess[1]").Row1.TxtLossPayee.rawValue;

Zip, Zero, Nada.

Finally, if I avoid the variable and address the toolTip directly, as in:

oButton.assist.toolTip.value = resolveNode("SubformLossPayees.TableLossPayees.TableSectionLossPayeess[1]").Row1.TxtLossPayee.rawValue;

the other part (the part that increments the caption) ceases to function AND the toolTip fails as well--no error messages.

Thanks,

Stephen