Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to change rooms?

Former Community Member

Hi,

is there a way to change rooms without having to do this?

this.connLccs.logout();

this.connLccs.roomURL = "https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/xyz/"+room.roomSignature;

this.connLccs.login();

2 Replies

Employee

No, you need to disconnect from the current room and connect to the new room.

Any reason why you are looking for a different solution ?

Former Community Member

No not really. I was just using your collabpicviewer example and modified it a little bit (I included --> Screensharing, Whiteboard, uplaoding pdfs and converting them to swfs on the fly, uploading them via BinaryPublisher, making a thumbnail of the swf on the fly and showing that thumb in the coverflow, and so on and so on ). So at the end I have tabs in my app which all represent a room and everytime i change the room (tab) I reinitialized the collabpviewer app and somehow I couldn't figure out at first why the nodes weren't completely synchronized correctly. Till I saw that I dont have to reinitialize the collabpicviewer. I just have to listen on the synchronizedChange Event for the connectSession and update the _fileUTil and _fileGridDescriptors you guys put in there.

So at first I thought that maybe there is another way of reconnecting to other rooms like a --> ConnectSession.switchRoom(URL); And that would at the end solve my problem. Well till I realized what really my problem was.

Long storry short. No reason why I should be looking for a different solution.

But thanks for answering.