Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to calculate man hours in repeating table?

Former Community Member

I'm working with LiveCycle ES3.

I have a table that repeats using the built in button of ADD, REMOVE, UP and DOWN. Inside a column of the table I have another table that consists of 4 rows. All are time Fields StartTime, TimeField2, EndTime, and total. I don't need anything to happen with Time Field2. What I would like to see is the total field calculate the total man hours it took to complete that particular job. In addition there is a Checkbox that locks every field in the repeating table except the add button. This is to be used a log book for a fire department and needs to stay and be un editable once inputted. I'm using the following script in the calculate event for the total field. It works great until I save the form and check to box to lock out all the fields. I then get 0:18 in the total field and if I try and add more tables I get a NaN:NaN in the first table and nothing in the rest.

Hers the script I'm using

vTime1 = Row1.StartTime.rawValue;

vTime2 = xfa.resolveNode("Row3[0].EndTime").rawValue;

(vTime1.length == 4 && vTime2.length == 4) {

vTime1Minutes = parseInt(vTime1.substring(0, 1))*600 + parseInt(vTime1.substring(1, 2))*60 + parseInt(vTime1.substring(2, 4));

var vTime2Minutes = parseInt(vTime2.substring(0, 1))*600 + parseInt(vTime2.substring(1, 2))*60 + parseInt(vTime2.substring(2, 4));

if (vTime1Minutes > vTime2Minutes)

vTime1 = vTime2Minutes+1440 - vTime1Minutes;

else

vTime1 = vTime2Minutes - vTime1Minutes;

}

var Hours = Math.floor(vTime1/60);

var Minutes = vTime1%60;

if (Minutes < 10)

Minutes = "0" + Minutes;

this.rawValue = Hours + ":" + Minutes;

Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies