Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how specify alert with setTimeOut() function

Level 5

Hi All.

I would like to close form by condition. But before form will closed I would like to display popup alert for 1-2 seconds and then auto close form. How to do that?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you will be able to do this with the standard app.execDialog() or app.alert() dialogs as the timer is paused when the dialog is displayed, but you could make a subform visible, so that it looks like a popup.

This sample uses that technique to display an alternative date picker, which is really just another positioned subform popping up.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: An alternative Date Picker for LiveCycle Designer forms

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you will be able to do this with the standard app.execDialog() or app.alert() dialogs as the timer is paused when the dialog is displayed, but you could make a subform visible, so that it looks like a popup.

This sample uses that technique to display an alternative date picker, which is really just another positioned subform popping up.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: An alternative Date Picker for LiveCycle Designer forms

Bruce