Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How do I make a HTML Form? - URGENT HELP!

Level 2

Hi, I have ES4 (I am just teaching myself all aspects at the moment so bear with me please!)

I finally finished a major form, and uploaded to our website to test.  As this will be viewed by many different people, I cannot decide how they will open it (e.g. which browser they will open it in etc.)  I opened it in Internet Explorer and all seems fine.  And then I attempted in Google Chrome, which resulted in the Please Wait... screen.

I thought maybe I could bypass this by forcing it to download by changing the HTML in the website back end using:

<a href="/files/adlafjlxjewfasd89asd8f.pdf" download="expenses.pdf">Download Your Expense Report</a>

Great! It downloads, but still tries to open in Chrome so still doesn't work.

I have read many posts saying that in ES4 I can "make my form in HTML"  But I don't quite understand how to do this or even where to start.  Is it possible for someone to give me some basic instructions on how to get started?  I am a quick learner and can usually figure things out on my own, but I don't even know how/where to go to start it.  And would I need to make my form all over again?

Ideally would there be another way to bypass it? e.g.  Forcing the download like I had done, and then also forcing it to open in the "system viewer" instead of through the browser?  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated please!

3 Replies

Level 4

If you don't need the dynamic features of LiveCycle, you can save the form as static. This will render on most PDF viewers. Alternatively, you could add a page zero with instructions on how to use the form:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Changing Page Zero content in Designer

The HTML functionality of LiveCycle is a server product, not included with the standalone / Acrobat bundled Designer.

Level 2

Thank you, but I had my work purchase this program for me so that I could have Dynamic forms.  Very much needed for what I am trying to do.  Are you basically saying I can't make a HTML form with the program I have?  So there would be no way around my forms opening in Chrome/Safari or similar?

Level 4

Refer to this document for some suggestions:

AEM 6.1 Forms Help | PDF Forms to HTML5 Forms

If all you own is Adobe Designer, you can author forms (XDP). Those forms become HTML when rendered using the Adobe LiveCycle / AEM server components, which is a separate product.