Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I get the entire text from a scrolling text field to print when I print a form.

Level 1

i HAVE DESIGNED A FORM THAT HAS TEXT FIELDS.  i HAVE SET THE FIELDS TO ALLOW FOR MULTIPAL LINES, HOWEVER WHEN I PRINT THE FORM IT CUTS OFF AND DOES NOT PRINT THE TEXT THAT IS HIDDEN BY THE SCROLL.

iS THERE A WAY TO ALLOW FOR THE HIDDEN TEXT TO PRINT WHEN i PRINT THE FORM?

4 Replies

Level 2

This is a good question. I'd like to see this answer as well.

Level 2

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1362095#1362095

Just noticed this in the forums, not sure if it helps you or not.

Level 10

The best way is to design the form to flow and have the text fields expand (as well as the multiple lines) to hold all the text when the user is filling out the form.

You could do it by scripting and making the text field bigger when you print, but I don't know if there's an easy way to tell how much bigger to make the text field. You would still need to have the form designed to flow so that the fields can expand and push following items along.

Former Community Member

I am having a similar issue myself with a form I have and I am trying to edit so that it will allow users the ability to print what is in the scrollable text field. The text field in my case is limited to 5,000 characters with a font size of 11 and I want it to scroll and I want it to stay at the same font size, the issue is making it print everything that is being scrolled. I know it can be done, I have another form that does exactly what I am wanting in my form, but I am not the creator of that form and have no idea how it was created. That form has scripting, which I don't know much about, but that enables the form to print what is hidden in the text fields.

This is part of the scripting that enables the form to print what is hidden:

}

</script>

</event>

<event activity="prePrint" ref="$host" name="event__prePrint">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

this.minH="0";

</script>

</event>

<event activity="postPrint" ref="$host" name="event__postPrint">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

this.h="7.0527in";

</script>

Perhaps there is more scripting above and below this code, but I don't know what that would be, I just know this part of the code is a big part of the script. Anyway, I thought I would share this bit of info in case some genius can use it to help others.