Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I get a completed form that is being submitted via e-mail to show expanded fields

Level 1

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer version 10 with Adobe Acrobat X Pro and Lotus Notes on a Windows 7 (service pack 1) virtual machine. I created a form with a series of hidden fields that appear based on your selections (I use JavaScript onclick events) and a Submit button that attaches the completed PDF form to an e-mail message.

While I am filling out the form, all of the fields expand as appropriate. When I click the submit button, it attaches the PDF to an e-mail message with the proper To address and Subject text. But, when I open the attached e-mail message all of the fields that are supposed to be shown (based on their selections) are hidden. How do I get the completed form that is attached to the e-mail message to show all of the fields that the user selected?

For example, my initial form has six check boxes coded to look like radio buttons with JavaScript that only allows one to be selected (Outage, Service Disruption, Pulled Release, Pushed Release, Maintenance, and Other). When I click the Outage radio button, the form displays a check box for creating a help desk ticket (and several other check boxes). When I select the check box for creating a help desk ticket, it displays a text field where I can type in the ticket number. When I finish filling out the form and click the Submit button, it creates an e-mail message with the proper To and Subject information and attachment. However, when I open the completed form that is attached to that e-mail message, the check box for creating a help desk ticket, the text field for typing in the ticket number, and all other relevant fields are hidden. If I click the Outage radio button and then click it again, the check box for creating a help desk ticket becomes visible (and it is selected). If I click that check box and then click it again, the text field for typing in the ticket number also appears (with the appropriate ticket number in it).

Do I need to create some sort of validation script?

9 Replies

Level 1

Thank you! My apologies for putting it in the wrong place.

Level 10

Check in the Form Properties if the „Preserve scripting changes…“ is set to Automatically.

1038653_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

It was set to Automatically. I tried setting it to Manually and got the same result.

Level 10

I need more details to see what's wrong.

Can you share your form?

Level 1

I can remove some of the proprietary stuff first and then do so. How do I share it (is there a place to upload)?

Level 10

Share it wherever you want, just post a link here.

Level 1

Ah... I'll have to figure out a place to put it. Unfortunately, all of our stuff is hidden to the rest of the world (federal government).

Level 1

I THINK I have it figured out. I added an "initialize" script on a couple of fields and that seems to work (I'll have to add a LOT of initialize scripts if this is the answer). For example:

form1.MainSubform.HeaderSubform.Outage::initialize = (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue == 1)

{

form1.MainSubform.BodySubform.FirstSubform.Incident.presence = "visible"'

}

If anyone can think of a way that I can set all selected fields visible by default, I would gladly appreciate the input. Until then, I guess I am slowly adding these initialize scripts.