Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I change the "Email Submit" button so it will send the entire PDF form

Level 1

I have developed a file (an application) in Adobe Live Cycle Designer.  I added the Email Submit button to the PDF file so it would emailed the completed file to me.  However, it sends it as an XML file.  I want it sent to me as a completed pdf file or at in a way that I can open it as a completed application with the data in the blanks.

1) I tried using a regular form button on my form.  On the field tag, I selected the submit option for the control type.  On the Object tab, I set the submit as to PDF.  Entered mailto: and email address.  This would not send the email.

2) I tried changing the event tag which contains the submit action tag in the XML source code to

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-8" target="mailto:"> This would not send the email.

I know this can be done and it shouldn't be this hard to do!

1 Reply

Level 2

Hi Mr AP,

are you trying to do this in Reader or in Acrobat? If you're using Reader it won't work unless the form is reader-extended by either LC Reader Extensions on the server or by running it through Acrobat manually and extend the capabilities of the form for reader users (careful - the license of the latter is limited to 500 form recipients).

If you did try it in Reader with a non-extended form the behaviour you'd see is that it just won't work, so that might be your issue.

Cheers

Kai