Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How can I Notify the Host(OWNER) in Application of Guest Entry

Level 1

Hi every One

i am working on an lccs based Application in which i am using all the pods.when i aet in my application

cSession.roomManager.guestHaveToKnock

on this I want to notify the HOST  on the enry of any Guest that some some Guest want your permission.

i an trying to do this through sharedCollection which is used by all users of the application.

i am updating the sharedCollection in sychChange Handler od cSession.

bu iam unable to that.Also how can i send the name of Guest to the HOST that this Guest want to enter room.

doing this iam geeting the exception below

hanlde the knocking que accept and deny event .

event i am handling thes events as

if(lccsConnectSession.roomManager.knockingQueue)
                    {
                        lccsConnectSession.roomManager.knockingQueue.addEventListener(UserQueueEvent.DENY,guestDeny_Handler);
                        lccsConnectSession.roomManager.knockingQueue.addEventListener(UserQueueEvent.ACCEPT,guestAllowed_Handler);
                    }

if any one understand kinly respond as soon as possible.thanks

regards

zaheer

1 Reply

Former Community Member

You need to look at the KnockingQueue sampleApp in the sampleApps folder. It exacts does the same. When a guest user enters a room which requires owner's permission to enter, his initial role is 5 i.e. LOBBY role and the host gets a message on the Knocking Queue that a guest has entered. Once he accepts and the guest is removed from the queue , he gets into the room with the user role defined for him.

Run the knocking queue example with one instance as host and one as guest and see how the things work.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu