Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I keep the first '0' when exporting to Excel?

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am new to all things Livecycle and code/script, and as such I apologise ahead for not knowing where to search (despite my many hours of effort!) for the answers I am looking for.  Essentially I have created my form and have set it up and in testing it generally exports to Excel ok, with a few exceptions such as telephone numbers and credit card expiration dates:

Telephone: When there is a '0' as the first number (eg area code) the number does not show up in the excel file.  I have tried various different patterns in both numeric and text fields, but to no avail.  Is there a xml code that I can enter to make sure the '0' stays in the export to Excel?

Expiration Dates: I want the format to be MM/YY and have tried this in numeric field and it doesn't recognise that the low year numbers in testing.  As such I had it as a text field and it works, but just doesn't keep the '0' of the MM when exporting to Excel.

Any assistance is much appreciated.  I have searched numerous hours on the net (and I don't know if i am searching correct) and have spoken to colleagues who I thought might know, but to no avail.  Please let me know if further information or xml source info is required to show how I currently have it formatted.

Many thanks,

Willialy

0 Replies