Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Hidden Textfields not hiding after boxes are unchecked.

matthewl3726698
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I have a form that has multiple checkboxes in one row. I coded it so that the first two checkboxes would make the hidden text field appear when checked/clicked.. and the other three following would make it hidden when checked/clicked. (THIS WORKS). HOWEVER. What i noticed was that when i would uncheck either of the first two checkboxes(that make it appear), the field would stay there. ( i already have the form to preset the textfield to be hidden when starting off, i would like to keep it hidden unless i click on checkbox 1 or two to make it appear), I've tried an if statement where if all 5 are unchecked, the text field would remain hidden, and a while loop, but that didn't work. (i've also tried putting it in the change section of livecycle scripts instead as well.

Here is the code for Checkbox 1:

TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox::change - (JavaScript, client)

//+ GENERATED - DO NOT EDIT (ID:A6C3E174-A225-467F-8F51-1B3C31A18BF7 CRC:3443522846)

//+ Type: Action

//+ Result1: SetPresence("$Node7","hidden")

//+ Node7: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[2].Paragraph[0].TextField2[0]

//+ Node6: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[3].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Node5: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[2].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Node4: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[5].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Node3: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[4].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Node2: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[7].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Node1: TopmostSubform[0].Page1[0].Table[0].Row[9].Cell[6].Paragraph[0].CheckBox[0]

//+ Condition6: CheckBox("$Node6","unchecked")

//+ Condition5: CheckBox("$Node5","unchecked")

//+ Condition4: CheckBox("$Node4","unchecked")

//+ Condition3: CheckBox("$Node3","unchecked")

//+ Condition2: CheckBox("$Node2","unchecked")

//+ Condition1: CheckBox("$Node1","unchecked")

//+ ActionName: CheckBox.change, CheckBox.change, CheckBox.change, CheckBox.change, CheckBox.change, CheckBox.change

if (this.resolveNode("Cell[6].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[7].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[5].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[3].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1") {

this.resolveNode("TextField2").presence = "hidden";

}

//-

TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox::click - (JavaScript, client)

this.resolveNode("Cell[3].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[5].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[6].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[7].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("TextField2").presence = "visible";

Granted that the rest are similar with different cell values.. but here are checkboxes 2 and three so that you can see the difference

//+ GENERATED - DO NOT EDIT (ID:A6C3E174-A225-467F-8F51-1B3C31A18BF7 CRC:3543531130)

if (this.resolveNode("Cell[6].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[7].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[5].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.rawValue == "1") {

this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.TextField2").presence = "hidden";

}

//-

TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[3].Paragraph.CheckBox::click - (JavaScript, client)

this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.TextField2").presence = "visible";

this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox::change - (JavaScript, client)

//+ GENERATED - DO NOT EDIT (ID:A6C3E174-A225-467F-8F51-1B3C31A18BF7 CRC:2655395653)

if (this.resolveNode("Cell[6].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[7].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[5].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1" && this.resolveNode("Cell[3].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue == "1") {

}

//-

TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[4].Paragraph.CheckBox::click - (JavaScript, client)

this.resolveNode("Cell[2].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

this.resolveNode("Cell[3].Paragraph.CheckBox").rawValue = "1";

0 Replies