Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help: Workbench does not start anymore - Problem is here again

Level 2

Hello!

For a partner webinar I need to show Lc ES2 workbench on Thursday but ran into a strange issue.

I had an application with a corrupt data model. I left the model or better the guide open and quitted WB. I was not able to start Workbench anymore after that logging on to my system not even when setting up a new configuration.

It seems one should never leave a guide open in WB if it had any issues with the data model!

As the log mourned about problems with my guides

!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.singlesignon 1 1 2010-02-16 22:56:47.779
!MESSAGE User 'administrator' logged in to server 'localhost' (hostname: 'localhost')

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2010-02-16 22:56:48.390
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Data Model Validation".
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.ProjectUnavailableError
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.MarkerManager.deleteMarkers(MarkerManager.java:119)

!ENTRY com.adobe.ape.core 2 1 2010-02-16 22:56:52.213
!MESSAGE Still waiting for DestinationService after 2 seconds

I thought this is related to the server and undeployed the application. I was still not able to logon via Workbench.

I was able to logon to another Lc server though and then closed the open guide and data model. After that the workbench did still not completely start and I had yet this message in the log:

Even uninstalling and reinstalling the Workbench did not resolve the problem. I just get a more or less empty Eclipse environment i.e. it did not build the environment and did not even give me a chance to login.

I had to shutdown and restart Lc on the server to get Workbench up and running again.

Can somebody share some details how Workbench and Lc do work together and how such - I assume partly synch related - problems can be solved.

I would be esp. interested what best practices are e.g. when - like here - a guide cannot be opened due to errors. How can such issues be
solved without reinstalling the WB and what should one avoid?

P.S.

I e.g. had a situation before where the WB configuration got corrupt with one of my apps and I really had to delete the complete process from the server also to get around it.

Regards

Gunther

7 Replies

Level 2

Today I tried to start my new reinstalled ES2 workbench and it hangs again.

The log just says:

!SESSION 2010-02-18 21:36:47.979 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_07
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  #Product Runtime Configuration File
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 #Product Runtime Configuration File

!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.singlesignon 1 1 2010-02-18 21:36:57.571
!MESSAGE LiveCycle Workbench ES version '9.0.0'

!ENTRY com.adobe.ape.core 2 1 2010-02-18 21:37:10.861

What does this message mean?

Level 2

Hi Jayan!

The message is different and I don't have LcDS installed at all.

Regards

Gunther

Level 7

You seem to have a port conflict.

- Jayan

Level 2

Jayan not sure have a look at my workbench.log. It took very long until the workbench came up but I am not able to logon to a server.

What port might cause the issue. What does the Workbench do even before I logon to any server?

Level 2

I logged of from my machine and logged on again. Then the Workbench started.

Can somebody share the info which port I should be looking at (2038?) and which applications - next to LcDS - may use this too?

Level 7

Use Microsoft's free tool TCPView to figure out the culprit process.

- Jayan

Jayan Kandathil

Adobe eTech