Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with Sample 'Purchase Order' form

Former Community Member

Hi All,

My brain is starting to reject my body looking at the sample 'purchase Order' form that ships with Livecycle.

I have a form very similar to Purchase Order and I am trying to use the same format as the Purchase order on my form.

What I have been tring to figure out is where are the stored values kept for the drop down lists.

Namely the Text Part Number field.- Use name (txtPartNum) .  when you click on the drop down list there are several part numbers to which you can click and it autofills adjactent fields with the part Name and costs

Purchase Order.jpg

What I can not find is where those values are stored and how to change them. I dont think they are external from the form.

If somebody could explain how this section of the form works and how it auto populates the adjacent fileds, I should be able to intergrate it into my form. ( Please remeber to type slowly as I'm still finding my way around )

Many Thanks in advance.

Dave

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Dave,

These values are populated by script, have a look at the script object partNoScipt

Capture.PNG

This script is called in the initialize event of the dropdown control.

form1.purchaseOrder.details.detail.txtPartNum::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

// Populate the part number Drop-down List.

partNoScript.populatePartNo(this);

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce ,

Theres a fine line between hitting you head against the wall and making feel better or worse. !!

I think I'm at the later stage !!

Thanks for the quick reply,

I did see those script comments in the Hierarachy list and assumed they have something to do with the way it works, BUT I can not do anything with them.

I'm starting to wonder if my copy of Livecycle is nto installed quite right or perhaps have a problem.

I've tried clicking on the 'PartNoScript' just below the variables but nothing happens. Not even right clicking does anything.

Even when I go up to the menu bar and click on TOOLS and then CHECK SCRIPT SYNTAX, nothing happens, where I expect a pop up window to show.

What should happen ?

Or am I missing the plot totally here and should just keep hitting my head into the nailed ported of the wall .

Thanks Mate

Dave

Former Community Member

HI Bruce

Dont Panic, that last nail in the head did the trick, Dam big lump on my forehead but I've found that script box and all is as clear as mud.

Just need to go and play .

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

Dave