Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with programming...adding expanding fields with a button. (?)

Level 2

Greetings,

I am wondering if it is possible to program a button to add a series of expanding text fields at the user's control.  I have bought the book Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer by J.P. Terry and on pages 43 & 63 it talks about a button that will add additional fields at the user's control, but doesn't quite address how to accomplish programming the button to perform this command.

This form is a Performance Evaluation and there is a section for planning Objectives (an expanding text field) and the Results of the review.  This is a poor example of what the fields look like.  In actuality, I'm not working with a table...

Header 1
SECTION B:                        PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES FOR THIS PERFORMANCE PERIOD

Header 1
Objectives & Performance Criteria
(Expanding text field)
Results
(Expanding text field)
Rating: 

(add another set)  = button

Thanks in advance for your help!!

AH

4 Replies

Level 10

You need to set the below setting for eaither Table/ Row in your form which you want to repeat based on the click event of button.

Set the Subform that is wrapping the Table as Flowed..

Add code in the click event of the Button as

Table1.instanceManager.addRow(1);

Save your form as Dynamic.

1) Goto File menu -> Form Properties and select Defaults tab. Change the Default Render Format as Dynamic XML form

2) Select the Preview Tab. Set the Preview type as "Interactive Form" and Preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form

3) Finally while saving the PDF select Save As Type as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form".

Table Adding Rows Setting.jpg

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

What if I need it to add 4 rows (the entire table), plus another button?

Thanks for your help!

Level 10

If you want to repeat every thing under a Table, then you need to use Table1.instanceManager.addRow(1);

If you want to repeat only Row1 in Table, then you need to use something like Table1.Row1.instanceManager.addRow(1);

Hope this gives an idea..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

I have a similar problem and am not a developer!

I followed what the post says and still have an issue.

I'm trying to create a button that would insert a row to a table so that a new row appears on the screen.

The script in the add button is:

form1.Page1.table.row.add::click - (JavaScript, client)

When I preview, the button does nothing when I click it.

I also tried this script:

Page1.Table.Row.instanceManager.addInstance(true);

and also

Page1.Table.Row.instanceManager.addInstance(true);

Please HELP!

Rose