to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Help With date/time

Nala55
Level 2
Level 2

In need a time box that will convert “8pm” or “8 pm” or “8:00pm” or “8:00 pm” to military time.  I tried some javascript on exit but it doesn’t quite work.

if (this.rawValue.length <= 5){

var space = this.rawValue.indexOf(" ")

this.rawValue = this.rawValue.substr(0,space) + ":00" + this.rawValue.substr(space,10)

}

2 Replies
Steve_L_Walker
Level 10
Level 10

This is not a trivial problem. I started coding some regular expressions to parse the date string but I quickly realized how difficult it is. The attached contains some of that code. I ended up using drop downs and a radio button to calculate military time (I think it works correctly). It is easier (somewhat).

Untitled.png

// form1.page1.subform2.militaryTime::calculate - (JavaScript, client)

if (!(form1.page1.subform2.hrs.isNull || form1.page1.subform2.mins.isNull || form1.page1.subform2.meridiem.isNull)) {

var hrsStr = form1.page1.subform2.hrs.rawValue;

if (form1.page1.subform2.meridiem.rawValue == "AM") {

if (hrsStr == "12") {

hrsStr = "00";

}

}

else {

var hrs = parseInt(hrsStr);

if (hrs == 12) {

hrs = 0;

}

hrs = hrs + 12;

hrsStr = hrs.toString();

}

this.rawValue = hrsStr + form1.page1.subform2.mins.rawValue;

}

Steve

Nala55
Level 2
Level 2

It’s a time sheet, the user enters start time and end time.  I need it to be in military time.  There is no room to change the form that is why I need the user to enter their start time.  And when they go onto another box the time they enter will display military time.  So I need to account for “8pm” or “8 pm” or “8:00pm” or “8:00 pm”, for late times as well eg. 8:04.