Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help to permantly enable java scripts on publishe form.

Former Community Member

Have developed and published a form through Livecycle designer. Each time someone opens the form  in Adobe reader the auto calcuations fields do not work until they enable java scripts, close form, save it, then re-open and use it. Is there a way in Livecycle design to permanently enable the java scripts so when the form opens in Adobe reader the java scripst/calculations work.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I don't think that is possible.  Javascript is either enabled or not on the local machine.  They do that so someone can't slip something "funny" onto an unsuspecting machine.

Former Community Member

Is there a way to enable JavaScripts one time so that we don't have to enable them, save the form, then open the form back up each time we use the form. We go to Edit, Preferences, JaveScript and then click on the Enable Adobe JavaScript box, hit ok, then save the form. This seems to enable the JavaScript for the day whereby the auto calculations work. However when we open the form the next day we have to go through the same process. We don't seem to be able to save the change in Preferences permanently. Any help would be greatly appreciated as numerous people us this form.

Former Community Member

You can certainly enable javascript on a computer - about 95% of all PCs have it enabled.  It's done in your browser or on the control panel.  I use Firefox so for me it's Tools | Options | Content and click the box.  For IE I believe it is under Tools | Internet Options | Advance, but I haven't been there in a long time so I'm not sure.