Expand my Community achievements bar.

Get the subform number of a field in an unnamed subform, in a form with recurring rows

Former Community Member

I have a field called ch7_subtotal that resides in an unnamed subform at the end of page 4 of a form. There are other unnamed subforms on the same page, and these subforms support recurring rows. On page 5 of the same form there's a field called grand_total that uses ch7_subtotal in a calculation.  The grand_total field references ch7_subtotal like this:

xfa.resolveNode("fields.Page4.#subform[7].ch7_subtotal").rawValue

When I open the form in Acrobat and start entering data, this calculation works fine until I add a new row for (new instance of) one of the other subforms on page 4.  Apparently this changes the index of #subform[7] (I guess it increments it to #subform[8]?), because I get this error on the grand_total field's calculate event:

"xfa.resolveNode("fields.Page4.#subform[7].ch7_subtotal") has no properties"

I "fixed" the problem by giving #subform[7] a name:

xfa.resolveNode("fields.Page4.mysub.ch7_subtotal").rawValue

However, I would really prefer to leave the subform unnamed (the data in the form is exported to XML, and I need this field to be named just ch7_subtotal, not something like "mysub.ch7_subtotal").  Is there a way to cycle through the subforms on a page, looking for the subform that contains a field call ch7_subtotal?  Then I could use the index of that subform in resolveNode().

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

This is very difficult without seeing the form ...can you send it and a description of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Thanks

paul