Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Gateway in the branch of another gateway

Level 1
Level 1

In the setup of an e-form. We require a gateway in the branch of another gateway. However i'm not getting this to work properly. Is this possible? How do I achieve this?

What i have is the following:

My first gateway has 2 branches. Of which the first branch is an approval task. After this approval task, the form needs to be sent to a certain emailaddress without waiting on the other branch.

In the second branch. I have another gateway with 8 branches which each contain an approval task. These tasks DO have to wait for each other to be completed before sending the email.

So this is why I would need these 2 gateways.

However when i implement this and test it the recording stops just in front of the second gateway without any error message.

Any ideas how to fix/implement this?

2 Replies

Level 1
Level 1

No i seem to receive following error... but my branch ins't set up transactional

Cannot execute a split on transactional branch.

StackTrace:

com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Cannot execute a split on transactional branch.

at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker.transientInvoke(WorkflowDSCInvoker.java:324)

at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker.invoke(WorkflowDSCInvoker.java:158)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:357)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:299)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor215.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:404)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:430)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:103)

at $Proxy167.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:143)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:188)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:115)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:129)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:93)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:225)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:66)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.jobmanager.execution.workadapter.AbstractExecutableJob.invokeRequest(AbstractExecutableJob.java:127)

at com.adobe.idp.jobmanager.execution.workadapter.PersistentExecutableJob.execute(PersistentExecutableJob.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.workmanager.adapter.UnManagedAsynchronousWorkAdapter.run(UnManagedAsynchronousWorkAdapter.java:39)

at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:204)

at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:275)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:743)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)