Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

formating the textField element is increasing my file size dramatically

Former Community Member

I have a relatively simple form for customers to create business stationery (business card/comp slip) for themselves, to then email our print dept.

It's built as follows:

Page 1 Instruction, business card and comp slip samples, the customer fills out the text fields and a submit button to save/email

Page 2 is an A4 sheet of 10 duplicated subforms of the original business card on Page 1

Page 3 is an A4 sheet of 3 duplicated subforms of the original comp slip on Page 1

My 3 page PDF file is 3mb with a total of 119kb of images embedded in the file. When re-creating from scratch I have noticed that when I edit the textfield to be a specific size, remove the caption, change font etc the file size increases. Just one text field treated like this has added another 400kb to my file size.

I am following the format of a similar form that has as much information (maybe more thumbnail graphics) and that file, over 2 pages, totals no more than 800kb. It has many text fields for the customer to add their details.

Could I have a bug?

Is there incompatability/conflict issues with other software?

Anyone else experience this and found a solution?

Using LiveCycle Designer (9.0) ES on 64bit Win 7. Did try a recent upgrade for CS6 (elearning suite) that screwed up other software settings and have since removed it (CS6) for now.

Thanks,

Dom

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

It may be the font you changed on your field. Try to use as little amount of different fonts as possible. Alternatively, if it's a popular font you're using you can remove the option to have them embedded in the form. File>Form Properties>Save Options and uncheck Embed Fonts.

Kyle

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

It may be the font you changed on your field. Try to use as little amount of different fonts as possible. Alternatively, if it's a popular font you're using you can remove the option to have them embedded in the form. File>Form Properties>Save Options and uncheck Embed Fonts.

Kyle

Former Community Member

Kyle,

that was it! Great, my distributed file came down from 3.9Mb to 1.2Mb. The font change was from Myriad (default) to Arial as the system(network) the form was to sit on doesn't have Myriad.

Thanks, saved a lot of agravation.

Dom

Level 10

Myriad is one that doesn't need to be embedded because it's available to Acrobat/Reader as part of their install.