Expand my Community achievements bar.

Flowing Tables??!!

Level 2

I cant seem to get my table to flow across pages when populated with data. basically its a table with five columns with one row and a header. The cells are off course made to be text fields. When populated with data it should expand and if necessary flow across pages as much as required according to the content. I've been trying to get this to work properly without success. i know im missing something.

Ive tried it with a single text field outside of a table, and it works perfectly. Ive also tried it with a table with a single column and it works perfectly. As soon as i add columns or add a table with more than one column, it fails. I really dont know why.

I do have the table wrapped in a subform, and have the allow page breaks selected for both the page subform and the table (rows and header.) I thought it was simple for me but....

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

4 Replies

Level 10

You need to check the checkbox Repeat Row for Each data item. And bind the row to the repeating tag in the XML.

After that you need to save your form as Dynamic PDF. File -> Form Properties and in the default tab, set render PDF as Dynamic PDF.

Thanks

Srini

Row Repeat.JPG

Level 2

Thanks for your quick reponse Srini..but Im still not getting through. Just to clarify, the table will have a single row, not multiple rows.

What I really want is, as text is entered in the cell(text field), it expands as necessary, even beyond the page to other pages. It is the expanding to other pages that is the problem.

I really would appreciate your help...I'm hoping i can email you a sample file so u can see?

Thanks.

Samuel

Level 10

You can send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com..

Also if you can send the sample data file you are trying to populate the form with.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi Srini, did you get the form sample I sent You?. Did u get a chance to look at it?

Samuel..Thanks