Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Flattening form losses values

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am working on a process which flattens a reader extended form in the orchestration. In the reader extended form, some fields are bound to schema elements and some are not. When flattened, the fields having the binding retain their value and the other fields show blanks. Is there a way we can retain the values in the unbound fields as well after flattening the form?

Thanks,

Nakul

7 Replies

Level 8

What version of LiveCycle are you using?

What are you using to populate the data in the form?

Former Community Member

Livecycle ES2...The user himself enters the values in the form, which has a submit button in it. I recorded the transaction as well and found that before entering the transformPDF service (which I am using to flatten the pdf), the form has the values in it, but at that step, the fields with no bindings lose their values. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Level 8

Humm, I think I see the problem.  TransformPDF doesn't really "flatten" the document, it re-renders it as a non-interactive document. That means that the data is re-merged with the form template.  Since some of the fields aren't bound, then they don't get populated by the re-render.

Former Community Member

OK!!..I understand that if data is remerged, then it will definitely loose the values in unbound fields. Do you know which other component will solve this problem?

Level 8

Unfortunately there's not much you can do with the data bound as it is.

I suppose you could remove the schema from the form and then you would get all of the data.  Then you could apply an XSLT to the form's data to "convert" it into a schema compliment format

Former Community Member

Thanks for your help. I'll try this out and see if it helps.

Former Community Member

I need to bind the schema to the form at design time. Is there a way I can remove the schema from the form at runtime?