Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Fillable dynamic form to create a different looking but completed document?

Level 1

Absolutely new to this as of today (new job duty), was working with a team in Word/Excel to create a form that would change based on user input at the beginning (i.e. removes unrealted portions of an application). Can i create a dyanmic form using livecycle to create a fillable form for a customer, which changes based on initial input (screening/filtering tool?). After it is received, can I extract or build in a tool that allows me to take user input to fill out another separate looking document, most likely that portion of the fillable form would only be accessible to internal staff for completion and editing (i.e. take user response, and create a "mad libs" style document)?

Overall vision is to have users complete a set of questions, which only activates certain sections of the pdf document, and taking their answers from those activated section to create a final document with their responses, which would be password protected and not visible to the user to complete a separate worded document?

Short version: Take their answers from my questions to fill out a form not accessible to them.

What do i need? Dynamic forms using livecycle and...?

Thank you   

1 Reply

Level 7

Using the tools and javascript in a Livecycle form, you can do almost anything.

I have one form that is actually 6 in one. I have a combo selection that has four selections and a second combo that has another two. Selecting an item shows what i want the user to see and hides all the rest.

You can also have a user input setup page that you hide after processing and the clicked button contains all the code to show/hide objects based on the selections from the user.

As an example -

1458104_pastedImage_0.png

I made this Setup Page for a form. You can show/hide pages by clicking a checkbox and there are buttons for doing other things as well. The process document buttons has code to generate a table of contents, hide the setup page and lock all fields.

Here is a tip: Livecycle wont allow hiding of the first page in the document. If you use a setup page, make it the last page and in the form's docReady event enter code to set focus to a field on the setup page. When the pdf is opened, it will go straight to the setup page then.