Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fill PDF Forms Programmically using .Net (with adobe extended features)

Level 1

Hi Tarek

Firstly let me say thank you for the great help you are doing through the forum.

With Google, I did a very long search to find out how to fill a PDF form from a database. I achieved this using the iTextSharp dll. But this dll not supporting adobe extended features. thatsy once i filled forms using this class, result form will be flat form and we cant fill it manually again. even this will disable adobe extended features when i open it in adobe reader.

I am working with a project to simplify immigration process. I already have all immigration forms created using LiveCycle. That means when i open these form in free Adobe Reader I can fill the form manually and can save locally (offline).

My Workflow as follows

1. I am working with .Net Frame Work 2, Visual Studio 2005, Windows Applications (not Web/ASP)

2. I have fillable forms designed using Adobe LiveCycle (I can fill the form manually and can save locally (offline) using Adobe Reader).

3. I have to dynamically fill these forms with data from a database (data is already available and its almost achieved using iTextSharp Dll)

4. Once its dynamically filled, I will send these forms to client through email, because some of the data should be filled by client.

5. client can open these forms in free Adobe Reader and they can fill and save these forms(because Adobe extended feature enabled in this form, so they can fill and save in Adobe Reader)

6. Once they fill and save the form, they will send back final form to us through emal (no Online Submit required).

7. We will check it and finalize, take printout and attach to our document management system.

8. I can't use any great technologies bcz I dont need any online Submision/Rejection thing and our budjet is low.

9. I am looking some technologies same as itextShar, simply fill data to form and save it as a new PDF, but it should support Adobe Extended Featers( what is currently not available in iTextSharp), so that customer can fill and save it again using simple  and free ADOBE READER.

That's it !!

could u please verify my workflow is correct or not, bcz am new to PDF things and can u please suggest me solution to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Ajo Joseph

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Serve XDP to the buffer, and point the PDF File name to the Usage Rights Enabled PDF form on a web server.

The form will retain it's integrity, and the reader users can save the form.

For more information:

Please visit: http://www.fdftoolkit.net/