Expand my Community achievements bar.

Extra page added

Level 1

I have created a form in ES2 having two Master pages.  The second page of the form must begin on its own page.  I also have three fields that are placed on every page and populated with global data.  Everything looks great in Design View, but when I preview the PDF, I'm getting an extra blank page between pages 1 (page1 in the hierarchy) and 2 (page2-flow in the hierachy).  I have made sure my subforms do not exceed 10" wide (form created in landscape mode) on every page and in every possible place.  I cannot figure out what is causing this blank second page to be inserted in the PDF.  When the data flows from page 1, it goes into the abberant page 2, which is good, but I don't want that page in there until it's needed.  I would be massively grateful to whomever could figure this one out.

Sign me almost bald,

Becky

Is there some additional information I can provide that might help someone provide some insight into this issue?  I am really frustrated with this issue and have spent two days trying to find a solution.  Does it have something to do with having two master pages?  Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies

Level 4

I had this happen to me the other day and yes, it is highly frustrating.

I don't know if this answer will ultimately help you or not but I was able to fix the problem by restricting the page occurance of the Page1 Master Page to a maximum of "1" and then in Design view, I set the Pagination for the (untitled page1) subform to "On Page1" in the Object Tab and it snapped right where I wanted it.

I find solutions for most of the messes I get myself into by trial and error on those subform tabs. I'm sure there is someone out there with a more direct solution but I thought maybe this would give you a place to look for a solution like I found. Hope this helps. I'd hate to hear you went bald.

Level 10

As well as checking that subforms don't extend past the content area also make sure that nothing in the subforms extends past the edge of the subforms.

Level 3

I would definitely check the height of your subforms and verify that they are within the content area of your Page 1 Master content area. If it's even the tiniest bit larger, it will create another "blank" page in between.

The other thing I would verify is HOW you have your master pages set. For instance, you can place your first page on the first master page by selecting the page, Object Palette, Pagination tab, Place, Top of Page, then select your master page. Then to get that page to flow onto a DIFFERENT master page, select the page, Object Palette, Pagination tab, If Dataset Must Be Paginated: Overflow: Set to "Go to Page "MasterPage2""

I've found that there are a variety of ways to get some of the same results, but you need to go about getting them in different ways depending on which behavior you are wanting from the form.

Hope this is helpful.