Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exporting XML Troubles

Former Community Member

EDIT:   [RESOLVED]

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4007317#4007317

Hi,

I have a form which automatically imports and exports to / from an XML file. Here's the relevant code:

docReady

var fileName = event.target.documentFileName;

fileName = fileName.substring(0, fileName.indexOf("."));

xfa.host.importData("./" + fileName + ".xml");

postSave

var fileName = event.target.documentFileName;

fileName = fileName.substring(0, fileName.indexOf("."));

xfa.host.exportData("./" + fileName + ".xml", 0);

I also have a manual export button which uses the postSave code on click

The problem is that every once in a while the client is finding the data will not save to XML. I have gone down to his computer myself and witnessed the PDF refusing to output an XML file. There was no error message or warning. I then emailed that exact PDF / XML to myself and it worked 100% on my personal computer.

He has downloaded several checklists without issues then suddenly it decided not to save this particular PDF. There was already data in the PDF and XML file so clearly it was working at one point.

The PDF is certified and the certification was still in place.

Has anyone run into this problem before? I do recall having similar issue where the XML file was being output to my desktop instead of a folder where the PDF was stored. I am unable to reproduce the problem. I will get back to you when he restarts his computer and emails me whether or not that fixes the problem.

EDIT: He restarted his computer and it seems to have fixed the problem. Still not sure why this happened.

Could this just be a windows XP problem? He does have access to the folder where this stuff is stored (proven by several other PDFs which save data flawlessly).

Thanks for your time.

0 Replies