Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exception Handling on a 'Query for Multiple Rows as XML'

Former Community Member

We currently have version ES.

Is there a way to add exception handling to a Query activity to stop LC throwing errors in the log file? If we do have an error, it also sends back 'Response XML not well formed' on the .NET side. We know that this is due to the fact that LC crashed on one of the activities.

We would like to trap any issues and send back friendly informative error messages, for the .NET application to handle.

Any help would be great.

cheers,

2 Replies

Level 3
Level 3

you can handle exceptions in workbench. When you select activities a small circle displays on that activity. Drag that small circle and set it to setValue.

so if exception will come that part will be executed and  you can assign an appropriate message(using setValue) to your output variable.

Message was edited by: aks@lc

Former Community Member

In this version of LC there is not error(lighting bolt) circle on the Query type activities. The XSLT activities have them but not the query ones.

I really need to know how to have fault routs on sql execution activities in LC version 8.2. I also need to know if ES2 has fault routs on sql calls? If not what do we do.