Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Evaluating LiveCycle for Reader Extensions functionality

Level 1

Hi All,

I have a technical requirement I am trying to solve. I need to limit printing of a PDF. The PDF is generated dynamically and distributed immeditaly. I have come up with two ideas, both relying on javascript. The relevent approach to this fourm would be to have my PDF blessed with Reader Extensions privledges such that my PDF can make SOAP calls to a listening service that will register prints, then when it exceeds the threshold trigger document.close or a watermark.

With that said I have pulled a trial of Adobe LiveCycle ES4 and have it up and running on a server. I noticed when trying to enable the reader extensions functionallity that I needed some sort of license or credentials. Is there something I am missing in the documentation or the packaging where this evaluation license might be hiding?

With that said I must acknowledge I do see the security risk in having that avalible, which may very well be why I cannot find it. If that is the case, is there anyway to evalute this product?

- Caveat -

I have contacted Adobe Sales && 4Point solutions with no help as of yet.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Jon

3 Replies

Level 8

You need to install the reader extensions certificate using Adminui.  A trial certificate can be found here http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_ext_cert

Level 1

Hello Tundra,

Does the reader extension(or any other module of live cycle) allow me to put in the code into the pdf that would allow me to restrict the user from printing based on a condition? or add a watermark or text dynamically(while the pdf is open) ?

Thanks.

Feroz.

Employee

Feroz,

You can restrict printing by using a permission password , if a user has this password then that user can print it. This is available with LiveCycle Encryption Service

More advanced/fine-grained options can be used with Rights Management service for dynamic watermark

HTH

--Santosh