Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error while testing (Part 2)

Level 2

Hi. This is a reply to Hironmay's post to my last question.

Been trying for the last 4 hrs to post to the forum...whenever I try to reply I can type into the "Title" area but not into the text body...finally gave up and just started a new discussion...sorry.

Anyway...thanks for the reply Hironmay. But can't fix the issue.

I pointed the Source Attachment to the installation folder/src directory and that works fine.

But I typed in the -target-player=10 into the aditional compiler arguments in the Compiler section and the app won't compile. I get the standard alert box that says "error exist in required project". If I delete the -target-player=10 argument all works again.

I tried variations of the argument but the app wouldn't compile. (There was already an argument -local-en...something...I accidentally deleted and can't recall the full argument..not sure if that matters..)

So still get the same error when I try and past the URL of the room into IE.

(For the record the afcs.swc player 10 is the only swc I'm using...i'm haven't loaded afcs.swc player 9 but didn't think I needed to.)

Any more advice would be excellent.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi,

This problem is not specific to AFCS but compiling AIR apps with Flex 3.2 SDK and player 10 throws the same error. I found posts on web also that mention this http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg109113.html .

I have mailed to the flex and air team regarding ways to get the AIR app compiled with Flex 3.2 SDK in Flex builder because it seems as if it is not taking the player 10 classes like thSoundCodec. The method I suggested earlier for adding -target-player in additional compiler arguements used to work ( http://forums.adobe.com/message/28560#28560 ) as you can refer from this post but it seems with the latest player version it doesn't.

For your purpose for the time being, why can't you use the player 9 SDK of AFC for the Air app? If you are not using Player 10 specific classes or API's with your AFCS project , use the player 9 swc. You can also have the source in that case. And I will get back to you once I hear from the player team on ways to fix this issue.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu