Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error on connection not closed properly.

Level 2

Hi All

While using screen sharing some time I notice following error message in my tracer:

"ERROR:The Connection wasn't closed properly by abrupt killing of sharing instance.

You need to call stop screen sharing, close the client browser and addin and relaunch screen sharing again"

The text of the error message illustrate the problem occured but the issue I am facing that I do not get informed through an event about this error so that I can prompt to the publisher that some error has occured and start the screen sharing again after refreshing the browser. Publisher keep on waiting addIn option window to pop up. Please suggest the solution.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Employee

Hi

There are two independent components to a screensharing app,

1) Your own app that instantiates screen sharing,

2) The screenshare addin that does the screensharing for you

Unfortunately the addin control from your app gets messed up if the screensharing is not closed properly. And once the control connection, from app to the screen sharing is messed up, the only option is to force kill the addin and restarting your app.

Also the nature is such that, once the app loses control of addin, we are forced to manually close the addin. So although you see the error trace, currently there is no workound to fix the issue.

Thanks

Arun