Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error #1053: Illegal override of getPollSyncMessageResponder in mx.messaging.channels.HTTPChannel

Level 1

Hi,

I have a long term project that has been developed over the past year+ and I upgraded from Flex 3.3 to 3.4.1. After doing this I started to receive this message when I run my application:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of getPollSyncMessageResponder in mx.messaging.channels.HTTPChannel

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:322]
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_initProgressHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:3094]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\preloaders\Preloader.as:399]
    at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

In troubleshooting, I thought it might be necessary to upgrade LCDS from 2.5 to 3.0. When I did this nothing changed, I still get the same error. I've checked all my libraries and my project build paths to make sure all the new libraries are being used. I am not sure how to troubleshoot any further. I know I'm not overriding getPollSyncMessageResponder in my code. It must be libraries colliding - I wonder if this is a bug in Flex 3.4.1?

If anyone have any information or better yet the resolution to this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 1

This was a mismatch in the rpc.swc files between two modules. If you have a similar problem -- you should check that other modules are using the same version of their swc's.

Hope this helps someone else.