Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Submission of a Form

Level 1

Hello All,

I designed a form using LiveCycle and have saved it as a pdf. When the user fills it out, it appears as a pdf. However, when they click on the "Submit by Email" button, it attaches the form as a .xml document instead of a pdf. I've been wracking my brain, searched high and low and still have no idea what I'm not doing in designer to make this happen.

I'm sure it's a simple thing, but I'm at a loss. Help!

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

4 Replies

Level 2

I didn't use the standard email submit button for my form, because I used javascript to do a lot of validation. The code for the click event uses the following line to eventually submit the form. I think it's the cSubmitAS:"PDF" parameter that makes it attach the form as a PDF instead of XML. I'm pretty sure there's a setting for either the form or the button that would have the same result, but I wasn't able to find it with a quick search.

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:" + strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage,

cSubmitAs:"PDF", cCharset:"utf-8"});

Level 1

Thanks Ted!  I ended up changing the submit by email button to a regular button. Your answer must have inspired me.

Thanks!

Level 2

Poking around, I did find that a regular Button has options.

Select "Submit" for the Control Type, then go to the Submit tab of the properties and specify your "mailto:" URL and change the Submit drop-down to "PDF", then see what you get.

Level 3

You can also click on the button, and then in the XML Source tab, change the

<submit format="xml">    to         <submit format="PDF">.