Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Email Subject help

Level 1

Hello, Im still pretty new to LC and im trying to make this form where when it is submitted 2 things will happen;

1. The data entered in field "DateTimeField1" will be displayed in the subject field when submitted to email. Example: Subject: Daily - 03/01/2010

2. The email will include the pdf in the body and as a attachment in the email. Outlook environment.

Ive tried and tried and im sure its something simple im missing.

As a side note, i was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction as to how i would take multiple different forms and manage them inside of one file, similar to a book, or pamphlet. The trick to this is that i would be submitting multiple forms with the same data but the submitted forms email will need to go to different addresses. Sounds like a nightmare but Im hoping to get it working that is if its even possible. Thread, site, etc...??

http://www.ghallonline.com/Daily.pdf

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Just tried your form and it is working fine ....my guess is that you are using Reader and the form must be Reader Extended to allow Reader to attach the PDF as an email. You can Reader Extend it using the Acrobat menu (Advance/Extend Features for Reader).

For the second issue you can email to multiple places by coding it so that the same button is clicked twice and modify the To address before clicking the button the second time. I am assuming that it is the same form that you want to send to two places ....right?

Paul

Level 1

Thank you for the reply. Its like going to a mechanic and your car starts running perfectly.

Its working fine for me now, Guess i needed to reboot. Heres another go on the 2nd question.

I want to have the technician open a acrobat (master) form containing multiple fields (some he will fill out and some he will not). after its filled out then click on a button that tells acrobat what form the end user wants to submit. acrobat would then verify the required fields for the form the user picked. compile it into its correct formatted form and submit that form to the appropriate email.

Sounds like a mess, and not entirely sure if possible and at the cost of how many gray hairs?

Thanks again for your help.

Opps... forgot to ask... if you could email me the .zip that allows me to lock the form fields after they are emailed so the forms can no longer be edited.