Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email One Page of a Multiple Page Interactive PDF

Level 2

I am working in LiveCycle Designer 8.2.

I am creating a 12 page document.  One of these pages (Page 4) needs to be emailed to external customers.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Ms. Shayne Ortmeier

Nebraska Department of Education

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

There are a couple of solutions, which depend on what version of Acrobat the user will be using when they fill in the form and issue page 4 out to the customer. Also whether the customer is going to be filling in field on page 4 and sending the form back to you or whether page 4 is just for their records.

Option 1:

If page 4 is just for the customer's records AND the person sending out the form is using the full version of Acrobat (not Reader). You could have a print button with the following javascript in the click event:

xfa.host.print(1, "3", "3", 0, 1, 0, 0, 0);

This will print just page 4; the user would select the "Adobe PDF" printer and then send out the resulting flat (non-interactive) page 4.

Option 2:

If the page 4 has to be interactive, then the script in the button would hide pages 1 to 3 and 5 to 12. You would have to save as a different name, because if you overwrite the original file you would also need a button to unhide the original pages. You can hide / unhide pages with the following javascript:

page1.presence = "hidden" // hides page and excludes from layout

page1.presence = "visible"  // makes it visible again

You might need to separate the hide script from the email script to ensure that the changes are saved before the email starts. Test, test, test...

Hope that helps,

Niall