Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Editing values in drop down lists

Level 1

Hello

I have added a long list of values to a drop down copying the values from excel (using the pasted from clip board option).

My question is how can I remove all these values and copy in a new updated list.

Using Adobe Live cycle version 11

Thank you

Shiri

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Shiri,

There is no option within Designer to do this but you could use a macro.  Once created you would select your drop-down list and then select Tool ... Macros ... Delete all list items.

So, you will need to create a sub-folder under the installation directory of Designer, so for Designer ES 3 something like;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES3\macros\br001

The br001 is optional just in case you have other macros you want to keep separate.

Then create a macro.xml which just maps the label shown in the tools menu with the actual JavaScript code file, so

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<designerMacros>

<macro>

<label>Delete all list items</label>

<script>DeleteAllListItems.js</script>

</macro>

</designerMacros>

Then in the same directory  the DeleteAllListItems.js file

var complete = false;

var selection = designer.getSelection();

if (selection.length === 1) {

var object = selection.item(0);

if (object.className === "field" && object.ui.oneOfChild.className === "choiceList") {

object.nodes.remove(object.items);

complete = true;

}

}

if (!complete) {

designer.alert("Invalid selection.  Select a Drop-down List object");

}

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Hi Again Bruce,

Thank you for your answer.

I saved the   2 files as you suggested under the C;\Program Files 86 \ Adobe \ Adobe Livecycle Designer ES4.
Created a folder macros and the 2 files there.

How do I get Livecycle to show Macros under Tools ?

Level 10

You will need to create a folder called "macros" at that level, and then optionally a folder to group the macros and restart Designer and they will just show up.

So, should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4\macros\br001\macro.xml

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4\macros\br001\DeleteAllListItems.js

Level 1

Thanks again - but unfortunately I believe I am still missing something ...

This is where I saved the files :

1570840_pastedImage_0.png

Yet I don't see the macros folder under Tools in Designer :

1570841_pastedImage_1.png

Your help is appreciated. ..

Level 10

Hi,

Maybe you do need to have another level of folders, I didn't think that was the case but it looks to me like that is the only difference.

Try making another folder and move the files down.

Bruce

Level 1

Perhaps you have to check under your "locale" folder
localefolder2018-11-09_1056.png