Expand my Community achievements bar.

editing a doc created in lifecycle using pdf

Level 1

I have a document that was created using lifecycle es, the document was saved as a static pdf.   I am responsible for making documents 508 compliant before being posted to the internet.  When I access the document it comes up in adobe pro 9 (which is the version of pdf I have installed).  I can run a full accessibility check. I receive an accessibility error that indicates there is no language specified for this document.  I normally correct this problem by going to properties and simply selecting English.  However with this document the language area, as well as everything else on the page, is grayed out and will not allow me to make the correction.  When looking as the security summary "changes to this document" are not allowed.  Also I cannot change the reading order in the order panel. 

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to change this or if this is true.

If I cannot update a lifecycle document on the pdf side how do I make the document compliant?  My lifecycle is es2, I have seen that es4 has an accessibility checker which I assume would resolve my problem.  Does anyone know if ES4 is bought as a separate product, right now I have adobe pro x 9 and it seems lifecylce was part of that package.

Sorry for so many questions but I'm in a real bind.

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 10

Here's some info for accessibility using LiveCycle Designer. You need to do this in Designer, not Acrobat.

http://blogs.adobe.com/LiveCycleHelp/2012/09/livecycle-designer-and-accessibility.html

I'm afraid I can't help more than that, I've read up on it but we haven't been mandated to implement yet.