Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamically create Form Guide

Level 7

Is it possible to dynamically create a form guide using a data model? We want to be able to control what fields are hidden and visible based on the data. Can this be done through XML?

Aditya

5 Replies

Level 7

I need to create dynamic form guides which can be controlled by data or schema . Don't know if Form Guides can interpret XFA/XML data or even XSD.

We store information in a database, which varies by user. When a user accesses the guide, I need to create an XML/XFA, from the database, and pass it to the guide. This should determine which fields appear.... 

The company wants to refrain from JS which is another challenge... 

- Is there a way to dynamically change the appearance of the guide based ONLY on data? For example, hide or display fields

- Similarly, is it possible to control access to certain fields base ONLY on data? For example, Read Only vs Editable.

Aditya

Former Community Member

Guides certainly has the ability to hide/show panels or fields based on data so I think you shoudl be able to do what you are asking.

Paul

Level 7

Can you please point me in the right direction? Are there any tutorials/videos/examples available?

Aditya

Former Community Member

At the bottom of this page...in the Forms section there are a number fo tutorials around guides .....one of then (I can't tell you which one) will deal with hiding and showing panels and fields

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/livecycle_es2_technicalarticles.html

Paul