Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic PDF expandable text fields contents jump around, inserting blank pages

Level 2

Urgent! Please help. I have a form built use LiveCycle Designer 8.2. There're a lot of text boxes (Evalution Comments Section) that're multilined text field.

It's expandable now, but there're 17 of those. When pasting long text into those boxed, the text seperated and mixed to each other.

The subform flow is messed up, e.x. section 2 goes after section 14. When text field does not expand, the flow is ok.

The hierarchy of the form is:

Main Page

SubForm1 (Flowed, allow Page Breaks within Content. Pagination: Keep with Previous, Following Previous, Continue Filling Parent)

Multiline Text Field1(Allow Multiple Lines, Allow Page Breaks within Content, Keep with Next)

SubForm2 (Flowed, allow Page Breaks within Content. Pagination: Keep with Previous, Following Previous, Continue Filling Parent)

Multiline Text Field 2(Allow Multiple Lines, Allow Page Breaks within Content, Keep with Next)

SubForm15 (Flowed, allow Page Breaks within Content. Pagination: Keep with Previous, Following Previous, Continue Filling Parent)

Multiline Text Field15(Allow Multiple Lines, Allow Page Breaks within Content, Keep with Next)   

7 Replies

Level 6

Kind of hard to tell without seeing the form.

Can you share it via dropbox or other source?

Shawn

Level 6

What parts r u having trouble with? It seems to expand and page break fine.

Level 2

Thank you look into it! Uploaded a example with issues. If I enter large data into certain comments area, the text breaks up and mixed with different sections. The section suppose to go from 1 to 15 in sequence, now it's jump around. However, if I enter those data in all the sections, it may just come out right, however, it's not how people use the form.

There's another minor issue is that text in text field overlay on top of footer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfnny5tr6knoly9/Eval%20Plan%20Form_Bad_Example.pdf

Level 2

I just tried something and the order is fixed. What I did is uncheck the highlevel subform pagination "keep with previous" checkbox. Since my comments is not wrap in the subform, so the order got messed up. Another way I tried is to wrap the comments within subform, that solves the issue too. Yet to fix the overflow of text.

Level 6

Hi - I don't know if you resolved this yet, but the issue you're having is caused by the "ContentAreaPage1" boundary on your Page 1 (Master Page) being too low. Right now the lower border/boundary resides below the logo in the bottom lower left corner.

If you shift it upwards above the logo (like it's shown on "ContentAreaPage2andon") everything will be fine. Just click on "ContentAreaPage1" in the hierarchy to display the handles on the boundary then drag the lower portion upwards.

The Content Area boundaries determine when the content on the Main pages will break and flow onto the next page.

Level 2

Nice oberservation, it was an issue but resolved finally.