Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic forms on Mobile devices?

Former Community Member

I have some dynamic PDF forms I have been designing in Livecycle designer. I would like these to be viewable/savable on Mobile devices. Sounds like an easy request. Research indicates I need the entire livecycle suite to do this? Please tell me it isnt so!

As a side note, I have installed the livecycle ES4 suite on a weblogic application server on Windows Server 2008 and its a real pain to use and get to work properly. I really hope I dont need to keep going this route for such a seemingly simple need. And if so, can I get some help setting it up so that I can provide proof of concept to my bosses who may choose to purchase it ONLY if they can see it work in a development environment first?

1 Reply

Level 4

Unfortunately your findings are correct. Mobile devices lack the same type of PDF software that say a desktop has. Even Adobe's own Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android will not work properly with XFA (Livecycle) forms. If you want options like this you are going to be forced to use Adobe FormsCentral software which does come with newer versions of Acrobat Pro. Livecycle forms and the functions they do are just not present on mobile devices without the server side application. Honestly for mobile based forms I moved away from Livecycle Designer and use standard Acro based forms or in rare, rare cases use FormsCentral.