Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic form not displaying correctly

Level 3

I have created a dynamic form that has multiple hidden fields that only become visible if the correct selections are made. I ran a 6 month pilot on this form and everything was fine. I have multiple users from multiple companies using the same form without problems. I also have over 100 users using the form in my company without any problems. I know that the form doesn't work on any version earlier than 8.1.2 as I tested earlier versions on virtual machines and it would not display correctly.

I have a user at another company and they have Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.4.1. When they open the form, all of the hidden fields are visible. Also, when they click to sign in a digital signature box, they get an error telling them something about how they need to save a copy because the form has Reader extensions enabled.

The user sent this file to a coworker and they too experience the same issue. I myself have Adobe Acrobat 9.4.1 Pro and have no issues and have worked with others that have standard who have no issues. They are going to check with IT, but right now I feel stumped.

Is there a specific Windows group Policy that could be messing with the form displaying correctly? Is there anything else anyone can think of that is causing this like maybe a livecycle server install that is doing something? I have been using this form in production for 8 months and 6 months in a limited pilot; at this point, I am out of ideas. I did ask them to install adobe reader 9 and see if it opens correctly in that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mallard27

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Knowing what OS that they have would help. Also they may not be allowing Javascript to run in the form. You can check the settings in the Acrobat preferences that they have.

Paul

Level 3

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I have contacted the user and their IT person updated to 9.4.2 and claims it resolves the issue. I am asking the user to confirm the below and will repost when I know more.

Thanks again,

Mallard27