Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic/Flowable Form Fields

Level 1

I am working on a basic form called Performance Evaluation. It consist of  6 different tables. The original form was designed in Word 2003 and convert to PDF using LiveCycle Designer ES. My questions is, my form fields continue to "fall off the page" when the text fields are completed with data. I am also having a hard time combining the tables that have been "placed" on page 2 during the conversation of .doc to pdf. I can not seem to make all of the table work together much less flow together to complete the dynamic, interactive form I would love to have. I want everyone to be able to write as much as they want in the comments section and keep everything together and not create blank pages..

I have attached the form so everyone can take a look. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. . I can make text field flowable, and have them flow to a second page for simple forms/applications. It is when I add table that the Hierarchy becomes a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Jenn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

This form would be much easier if you did not have the table structures there. I would suggest that you rebuild it without tables. For those sections that you want to allow to grow dynamically makes sure that they are in a flowed subform and then make sure you click the expand to fit in he Y direction on the Layout tab.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

This form would be much easier if you did not have the table structures there. I would suggest that you rebuild it without tables. For those sections that you want to allow to grow dynamically makes sure that they are in a flowed subform and then make sure you click the expand to fit in he Y direction on the Layout tab.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have started a new form and not locating the flowable text fields into tables, but into their own individual cells.

I have made the subforms  flow., and now they are continuing on the second page and not running off the page. However, I do have another question...(every solution sometimes creates another problem)  Now that my text field-data is flowing to the second page, the text itself is moving from the right hand column to the left hand column on the next page. This really does not bother me that much, but I have a feeling it will confuse everyone using the interactive pdf.  Any suggestions?

Thanks - Jenn

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow ...can you post an example?

Paul

Level 1

Attached is my example of the text flowing into the left hand column on the second page, rather then the right hand column. Thanks again for your help. I know I have one other issue to deal with (you will see this in the example), but I am pretty sure I know how to fix it.

Thanks again - Jenn

Former Community Member

OK I see now .....I do not use tables unless I am using a static form and that is one of the reasons why. The overflow has no concelt that it is on a table so it starts in the 1st available position. I do not know of an easy way to fix this.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks - I am just happy the form flows and seems to work. I appreciate the help and I will remember to stay away from tables unless I am using a static form layout.

Jennifer

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----