Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dropdown list selection autopopulates other dropdown lists with location specific data

Level 1

Help please!

I have been working on a new User Registration Access form where I have setup three dropdown lists.  Using the sample data below I would like to set it up so that when Adelaide is selected from the first dropdown list the selection options populated in the other two dropdown lists are 'location' specific for the AD Groups and Mainframe System Access (not showing the access for the other sites).  There could be number of listed options for that site and currently I have listed all the access in one long dropdown list.

Adelaide
    Murray Bridge
    Port Augusta

AD Group Access

Adelaide ADGroup1
    Adelaide ADGroup2
    Adelaide ADGroup3
    Adelaide ADGroup4

Murray Bridge ADGroup1
    Murray Bridge ADGroup2

Port Augusta ADGroup1
    Port Augusta ADGroup2

Mainframe System Access

Adelaide SystemAccess1
    Adelaide SystemAccess2
    Adelaide SystemAccess3
    Adelaide SystemAccess4

Murray Bridge SystemAccess1
    Murray Bridge SystemAccess2

Port Augusta SystemAccess1
    Port Augusta SystemAccess2

I started the form using Acrobat 8.0 version of Livecycle but I have now installed a trial version of ES to another computer to complete this form.  This is my first attempt at using
Livecycle to create a form so I've been learning as I go along and this forum has been of major assistance. 

I think I've headed in the right direction by using the dropdown lists but if you have other suggestion on how I can achieve this I would like to learn how.

6 Replies

Level 1

Thank you Steve!

That looks exactly what I was after so I will try updating my form with this code and keep my fingers crossed that it works for me! 

Level 1

Hi

The sample files provided were of great help and I thought I had this working successfully and then as my lists grew I found that my links between the drowdown lists are no longer working.

The 3 dropdown lists that are supposed to be linked on my form are:

Location/Division     Mandatory selection

LAN / NAS               Depending on what was selected for the Location this will provide a list of AD Group access specific to the site.

JIS                           Depending on what was selected for the Location this will provide a list  of JIS System access specific to the site.

If someone is able to look at my form and assist with where I have gone wrong I will PM the document to you (I do not want it posted it for general viewing).

I am going on leave COB today and I am supposed to have this form published on our intranet.  Nothing like pressure to get something done when it is not working so all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tracey

Level 10

Hi Tracey,

If you are still there I will have a look.

PM the link to the file.

Niall

Level 1

Sorry to be a pain and bring this up again but is someone able to assist with looking at my form to see where my coding has gone wrong?

I have returned from leave and this issue is hanging over my head still to get the form working.  Once the coding is right I will continue reviewing the design of the form.

I can PM the link to the form if you are able to look at it.

Thanks

Tracey

Level 10

Hi Tracey,

I posted a solution.

Niall