Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drop Down List

Former Community Member

Hey guys

I need help

I have created a form which has two drop down menu. If any item is selected from the frist drop down menu then the second drop down menu will prepopulate accordingly.

For example: if in the first drop down menu (from a list of: A, B, C), item "A" is selected then the second drop down menu will contain (aaa, aab, aac)

so, A = aaa, aab, aac

B = bbb, bba, bbc

C = ccc, cca, ccb

Now, all this is working well. The problem occurs when I select from my drop down menus, save the changes and close the application. When I open up the form again, the first selection of the drop down menu remains the same (which is awesome). However, the second drop down menu shows a "value" (corresponding number that I used in my code) instead of the letters!!!

In my codes aaa = 0, aab = 1, aac = 2 etc .... I hope I make sense

Please help me out. Do let me know if you need any further info.

Desperately waiting for a miracle

3 Replies

Level 10

Copy and paste the same code that you have in the Exit/ Change event of the dropdown to the Initialize event..

If you still have issues, you can send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com, I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

I have tried that, its still not working.

The funny thing is that this form has been working well for years.... It only starts to create problems when I make small change and save it!

Former Community Member

You wouldn't believe this. The only mistake I was making was in saving the form. The "save as type" should have been "static" instead of "dynamic".

Can you believe this and I have been sitting here looking at my codes all day long

Break time for me .... lol

Thanks Srini for your help.