Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Drop-down list database question

Former Community Member

Hey there. So this is what I want to do. I want a drop-down list that would have hundreds of possible choices. The user could pick one and several text fields throughout the document would populate accordingly. I'm assuming there would have to be a database of some sort where all the data would live, and a way to tell live cycle that all of certain fields are connected and need to change depending on that first drop down. I hope that makes sense.

While that would work, the even better idea would be some kind of a menu within the form for picking the initial item. I understand that would probably be more complicated, but a way for the user to navigate through several categories to find the proper item would be absolutely great.

I don't expect anyone to do this for me... I'm just having trouble finding a responsibly simple walk-though so that I can figure it out myself. So if anyone has a sample form that does this, or has an idea of the best kind of database to use, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

OK to narrow this question down a little more, since I posted this, I was able to create a simple access db and create a drop-down list that would have the specified column drop down and I could pick it. Now I just need to figure out how to make a separate text box display the information from the corresponding column of what was picked from the drop down. I think once I can get that done, building the rest of the database and sorting out the fields needed should not be too hard. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.