Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disappears pattern while clicks on the numeric field

Former Community Member

Hi

I added the pattern to dipaly $ with numeric values . But when i opened the PDF and clicks the field it disappears pattern and it shows the value without $. then once i moved some other place again it working fine .

Here the Field type is Readonly . But its working fine while testing LC designer and the problem in the PDF which is generated separately from server .

Please suggest how to aviod the disappear pattern .

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that you have set the pattern for the display only. If you select the object and go to the Object / Field tab and select Pattern. Then in the Edit tab use the same currency pattern that you used in the display pattern.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Yes You are correct i used only in Display But Her when i seleected the field type is Readonly then i can see only display and Dat tabs in pattern .

then how can i put pattern in EDIT tab

Level 10

Sorry,

I missed the read only aspect.

You could put the same pattern in the Data tab, so that when the data from the server is merged with the form layout the pattern should be maintained.

I haven't tried this, so you may need to test and adapt.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

here if opened with Adobe Acrobat then we cant click anywhere in the PDF . but if i opened the with acrobat reader then i am facing this issue

Level 10

Hi,

If you can't click into any of the fields - are they all set to read only?

If I understand you, you are seeing the same behaviour in Acrobat AND Reader. It seems that you have separate issues - fields being read only and patterns for fields.

I am not sure I am picking up your question correctly.

Niall

Former Community Member

I set readonly and pattern  for my fields . Its working fine in acrobat . It means i cant click (readonly ) in the field . But in adobe reader even though i set as readonly  i am able to click and while clicking its disappears pattern . Here i am able to clicl but i cant edit the value .

Issue #1 : able to click when set as readonly

Issue #2 : disappears pattern  when cliks on the field

Regards,

dhiyan

Level 10

Hi,

Here is a sample. I can't recreate your problem here. When I set up the total field to read only, it cannot be accessed in Acrobat or Reader. Also the pattern is not lost when I try to access the field in either Acrobat or Reader.

I am using LC Designer ES2, Reader v9 and Acrobat Pro extended v9.

Maybe if you could post a version of your form that is showing the problem.

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi

I am not usingText Box .

In My case i am using table with ROW and column . This row will dynamically grow based on the Values from XML.

Here one of the the column nothing but cell needs to display Numeric values with dollar and comma.

So i made the

cell type into Numeric filed

Pattern num{($zzz,zzz,zz9)}

and the value type is readonly .

But here the issue is ,

When i clicks in the cell the pattern got disapperas . (Only in Adobe Reader )

E. G  value -1000

displays - $,1000 but when i clicks in the cell 1000

Is any change needs to do in Table or Row. Please let me know.

Question 2 :

Problem in Dynamic PDF (dispalying the values from XML )

Here i am having one more doubt . when we made readonly still i am able to click (not able to Edit thats fine )and mouse pointer still blinking there.

But same PDF if you opened in the acrobat PRo . you cant able to click . why any reason

Level 10

Try changing the value type to Protected instead of ReadOnly..This may help you..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

I tried with protected also but there is no use . same thing happening .