Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disappearing and reappearing pages

Level 1

Hello.  I'm designing my first form with LiveCycle Designer ES.  It's a checklist for a property management company.  It's a pretty straightforward form.  We don't need to store the information in a database.  They simply want to fill in the PDF and save a copy of the form so they can print it later on.  I'd have done this as a web form, which I'm more familiar with, but they have portable machines they're taking to the houses and will not often have an Internet connection.

They have a separate checklist for each room in the house.  Obviously, not every house has the same set of rooms.  What I'd like to do is have a series of checkboxes on the first page of the form where they can check the rooms in the house.  Ideally I'll be able to have a default setting with certain rooms checked (living room, bathroom, bedroom 1, etc.) and others not (den, library, bedroom 5).  Each room has its own page in the form.  So, when they check the Den box, for example, the Den page pops up in the form.  When they uncheck  it, the Den page is not there.

Is this even possible?  If so, how would I go about doing it?

Thank you.

Ramon

1 Reply

Former Community Member

This is doable but it will require some coding. You can start by building a page for each room type that you want. Once that is complete you can set the presence of the Page to hidden. When the user clicks the right checkbox you can change the presence of the page to visible. Note that the order that you create the pages in the design view is the order that they will appear in the runtime view.

Paul