Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disable/Enable Subform

Level 4

I have a subform in my form that I would like to have as disabled or protected until the very end of the form.  It has 2 signature fields and 2 submit buttons at the end.  After the 2nd submit button is used I'd like the reciever of the form to have access to the disabled subform.  How do I do that?  I've tried setting it to "open" but it will do it on my screen after I submit, but not in the attachment.

Thanks for the help.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I don't follow everything you said, but you have to disable individual subform elements.

function setReadOnly(myParentObject){

var allChildElements;

var intNumElements;

var currentElement;

var j;

//Get all the child nodes of the parent element

allChildElements = myParentObject.nodes;

//Total number of element in the object

intNumElements = allChildElements.length;

//Loop through all the child elements

for(j = 0; j < intNumElements; j++){

currentElement = allChildElements.item(j);

//If the element is another subform we'll recusively call the function again

if(allChildElements.item(j).className == "subform") {

setReadOnly(currentElement);

} //If the objects are fields or exclusive groups then we'll check them, null or not

else if(currentElement.className == "field" || currentElement.className == "exclGroup") {

var eUI = currentElement.ui;

//app.alert(eUI.textEdit);

try {

if((eUI != null && eUI.button == null) || currentElement.className == "exclGroup") {

currentElement.access = "readOnly";                         

}

} catch (e) {

app.alert(e);

}

}

}  

}//end function

Level 4

I don't totally follow what you're saying because I don't know where exactly to put the scripts.  A link to the form is below.  What I'm trying to do is have the the Dept Use Only Box with all it's fields appear on the screen, but as protected or read only and then become active after the Supervisor has signed the form and submitted it to the business center.  Right now I've done various things where I can get things to activate after the signature, but it doesn't stay enabled after the form has been emailed.  It's the business center that needs to use that box.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=aFwy-1B5GKsP7WZ*r57P7g

Former Community Member

I don't have an ID and am not going to create one to open the file.

What is this setting: File > Form Properties > Defaults tab > Preserve scripting changes to form when saved? If manual, try automatic. If already automatic, in what event are you setting the access to open.

Level 4

Everything was set open from what I could see.  I was trying to set it to open up either when a signature field was completed or else when a submit button is clicked and the form is sent to someone else.  When I try to put it on the button, my copy of the form seems to have the fields unlocked, but the person receiving the form does not.  That's why I thought I'd try it on the signature field.

Former Community Member

What is this setting: File > Form Properties > Defaults tab > Preserve scripting changes to form when saved? If manual, try automatic. If already automatic, in what event are you setting the access to open.

You can also put script in the initialize event to lock the fields based on some value in the form. For example, you can create a hidden form field called locked and set it to true when the submit button is clicked. In the initialize event, lock all the fields if the locked check box is checked.